Have fun and be challenged at a dynamic company. Full-time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to, paid time off, medical/dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Part-time positions are eligible for paid time off, dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Please direct inquiries to email@example.com.
Contact Center Representative
Responsible for answering incoming event related telephone calls, emails and web-based chats for the Contact Center.
.NET Technical Architect - MVC
Primary architect and hands-on developer for a new SaaS event registration product.
Product is built on .NET MVC 4.5 (C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2014). Works within a scrum team to design and develop software products in the Microsoft .NET environment. Mentors other team members. Creates technical documentation.
- Serve as technical architect for a small, senior product development scrum team.
- Drive software architecture of next-generation .NET SaaS platform, including SQL Server 2014 data model, persistence layer, web-services based business tier, business rules engine, UI tier, and integration components.
- Help establish best-practice development standards.
- Implement automated build and deployment scripts.
- Work with QA engineers to identify and correct defects found in testing.
- Top-notch .NET/MVC development skills (C#).
- Experience designing and developing multi-tenant SaaS products.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral/written communication.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and multiple tasks simultaneously while performing within tight time constraints.
- Minimum 10 years end-to-end web development experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with C# and web development frameworks. Substantial experience with .NET MVC 4+ required.
- SOA, web services, REST.
- Minimum 5 years experience with relational database design and development (SQL Server).
- Experience working in agile/scrum programming environment.
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
Performs administrative and office support activities for Event Services.
Duties may include fielding telephone calls, organizing meetings, monitoring project timelines, word processing, filing, and faxing. Extensive software, organizational and communication skills required.
- Assists Registration Manager in operational functions including; gathering shipping/onsite information, configuration and running badge samples, and completing weekly badge production sheets.
- Places orders for client supplied artwork and materials.
- Helps Registration Manager by creating web specifications documentation, participating in edit cycles, quality testing changes to the web pages, and capturing/filing final screen shots of all web page deliverables.
- Completes the daily administrative tasks for the assigned Registration Manager, including but not limited to updating Event Plans, managing client show specific policies, scheduling, attending and documenting of milestone meetings.
- Supports client reporting requests using X•Press Reports and Excel.
- Prepares Event Folders for archiving.
- Prepares the final billing packets and schedules billing meetings.
- Monitors the timelines for assigned events in order to support Registration Managers in achieving deadlines.
- Updates Registration Manager or Director of Event Services and Product Development on critical issues, and project timelines as needed.
Customer service experience essential. Must have the ability to operate independently, possess necessary judgment to recognize when to escalate issues for review, guidance and/or resolution. Strong and effective interpersonal skills and positive working relationships with staff of all levels in a variety of work settings required. Computer software experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and various desktop applications.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree desired; equivalent related work experience required.
The Information Services Web Developer serves as the primary technical point of contact for all client events they are assigned.
In addition to completing a major portion of the technical tasks for the event, the Web Developer serves as the technical team leader and assists in the priority management of technology.
- Build, test and deploy client event web registration sites.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for events and clients.
- Act as CDS liaison for technical issues.
- Import, revise and build databases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
Essential Show Team Functions:
- Attend all event-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned events.
- As needed, travel to shows in support of client events.
- Provide custom configurations and support as required.
Must have excellent organizational, analytical, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and analytical abilities required. Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels. Ability to handle stressful situations, multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial. Must be a team player and produce high quality ”readable“ code.
Technical Skills Required:
- Web development and legacy code maintenance
- Proficiency in other web scripting languages is a big benefit
- PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience using contemporary Web Development languages, frameworks and practices
- ASP.Net, C#, ASP MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server development
- Comfortable creating stored procedures
- Software testing methodologies; Source Control Systems (SVN, GIT or others)
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required. Web site team authoring, team programming experience is preferred.
Position summaries outline the general nature of the duties and requirements of each position. Convention Data Services (CDS) reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed. CDS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.