Have fun and be challenged at a dynamic company. Full-time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to, paid time off, medical/dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Part-time positions are eligible for paid time off, dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Technology Officer
We seek a CTO to join our dynamic culture and lead our team to create innovative solutions that deliver exceptional value, exceed our clients’ expectations, and enhance the event experience.
Reporting directly to the CEO, our CTO will lead a team of approximately 25 individuals in software development, creating and maintaining software-based services used by event attendees, exhibitors and other event staff. The CTO establishes the company's technical vision, leads all aspects of technology development and service delivery, and plays an integral role in the company's strategic direction and future growth.
- Drive continuous improvement by setting standards for best development practices in an agile process environment.
- Develop and encourage teams to think differently, find new approaches to challenges and deliver exceptional solutions.
- Inspire the team and others in the organization to see the vision of the successes to come and assures team is invested in the accomplishments of the company.
- Lead the technical architecture for delivery of web, mobile and native Windows applications.
- Recruit and retain a technology team with an appropriate balance of local talent, and 3rd party vendor services delivery.
- Ensure hosted services meet high expectations of performance and availability.
- Manage external IT relationships.
Experience with the following technology platforms is preferred: Microsoft .NET MVC/C#, Microsoft SQL Server, PHP, and iOS, along with a strong background in modern web application architecture, web API design and software as a service (SaaS) delivery. Candidates must have proven leadership ability, demonstrated effective written/oral communication, interpersonal and consensus-building skills at all levels in an organization, as well superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required, with a preference for an advanced degree in computer science or an MBA. A minimum of ten years of related software development experience in web and mobile environments is also required, along with five years of experience in directing or managing software development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience serving as the senior technical member of a management team.
Position summaries outline the general nature of the duties and requirements of each position. Convention Data Services (CDS) reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed. CDS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.