Have fun and be challenged at a dynamic company. Full-time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to, paid time off, medical/dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Part-time positions are eligible for paid time off, dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Executive - Washington, D.C. based
Sales contact and relationship manager between CDS and clients.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales, our ideal candidate achieves account revenue and profitability objectives through client retention and new business, while ensuring successful delivery of contracted services, maintaining industry knowledge and awareness.
- Negotiates, and renews contracts to achieve maximum revenue, profitability, service quality, and long term commitment to achieve CDS profitability objectives by identifying upsell opportunities.
- Develops service proposals, facilitates presentations and closes sales.
- Review and approve contracts, addendums, and client billing.
- Ensure Lead Retrieval Sales targets are met for each event by monitoring sales regularly.
- Manages and maintains existing client account relationships.
- Develops a thorough understanding of client objectives and identify and assess client business requirements.
- Develops an account strategy to meet the needs of both the client and CDS.
- Establishes and achieves account goals, objectives and corresponding action plan as developed with Executive Vice President of Sales.
- Maintains consistent and regular contact with client and with the internal CDS event team.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of CDS products and services and matches services to client needs and objectives.
- Provides communication to company regarding account and event strategy, services to be provided and deliverable dates.
- Conducts effective sales overview meetings, effective post event reviews and evaluations with the client and the team.
- Attends and represents CDS at industry events, trade shows and functions.
- Must be able to identify sales opportunities and possess analytical sales aptitude.
- Must possess the ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Must be highly organized, client focused service oriented.
- A proven track record in sales and account management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish working relationships with staff of all levels of the organization.
- Previous sales experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience required.
Contact Center Representative
Responsible for answering incoming event related telephone calls, emails and CHATS for the Contact Center.
Product Support Specialist
Corporate software customer service and support to both internal and external customers
Provides responsive quality customer service and support to both internal and external customers in the area of corporate software and services including but not limited to web applications, desktop applications and mobile apps. Performs immediate analysis of issues/questions and directs the implementation of corrective action to restore function and avoid recurrence. Records all incidents while maintaining accountability and ownership until resolved. Monitors progress on problem resolution and initiates timely feedback to management and the customers. Performs customer follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
Responsible for creating documentation that is stored in the knowledge base for all staff to reference for troubleshooting. Maintains case history in a case management system.
- Provides highly effective and efficient technical system and user support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Resolves technical issues, detects patterns of occurrences, and coordinates with staff regarding handling resolutions to persistent problems.
- Analyzes challenges, recommend solutions and initiates corrective actions and creates the proper documentation for future reference.
- Exercises sound judgment while problem-solving customer challenges.
- Communicates to customers in non-technical language regarding the status of reporting and/or data management.
- Assists with setup, configuration, and testing of a variety of mobile, desktop and web-based software applications.
- Ensures badges and equipment are set up properly and that data captured is tested effectively for applicable events.
- Responds to technical support requests promptly, professionally, and effectively.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills providing remote support services.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Broad technical knowledge/awareness encompassing both software and hardware (geek stuff).
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to software applications, hardware and related windows OS software (printer drivers, folder permissions, etc.)
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly accurate.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are required to interact with exhibitors, clients, and event teams.
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
Performs administrative and office support activities for Event Services.
Duties may include fielding telephone calls, organizing meetings, monitoring project timelines, word processing, filing, and faxing. Extensive software, organizational and communication skills required.
- Assists Registration Manager in operational functions including; gathering shipping/onsite information, configuration and running badge samples, and completing weekly badge production sheets.
- Places orders for client supplied artwork and materials.
- Helps Registration Manager by creating web specifications documentation, participating in edit cycles, quality testing changes to the web pages, and capturing/filing final screen shots of all web page deliverables.
- Completes the daily administrative tasks for the assigned Registration Manager, including but not limited to updating Event Plans, managing client show specific policies, scheduling, attending and documenting of milestone meetings.
- Supports client reporting requests using X•Press Reports and Excel.
- Prepares Event Folders for archiving.
- Prepares the final billing packets and schedules billing meetings.
- Monitors the timelines for assigned events in order to support Registration Managers in achieving deadlines.
- Updates Registration Manager or Director of Event Services and Product Development on critical issues, and project timelines as needed.
Customer service experience essential. Must have the ability to operate independently, possess necessary judgment to recognize when to escalate issues for review, guidance and/or resolution. Strong and effective interpersonal skills and positive working relationships with staff of all levels in a variety of work settings required. Computer software experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and various desktop applications.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree desired; equivalent related work experience required.
Software Product UX Designer
Mid-level to senior Product User Experience Designer with strong technical skills to join our product development and marketing teams.
Reporting directly to the CTO, our ideal candidate is driven by a desire to create beautiful, engaging, modern web and mobile application interfaces while taking pride in writing clean, organized UI code. Although our preference is someone who is comfortable designing and coding, we will be happy to consider candidates that are specialists in either front-end coding or visual design as long as you have a strong desire to learn new skills and work outside of your comfort zone.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of good design: visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, etc.
- You have an in-depth understanding of software usability heuristics and guidelines.
- You will have experience with usability studies and/or user research.
- Along with web and print design, you have done design work for consumer-facing and mobile web applications.
- You have experience implementing your design ideas in a software product environment.
- You have written style and usability guidelines and built user interfaces that adhere to them.
- You strive for beauty through simplicity.
- You write clean and efficient HTML/CSS
- You have an interest in the technical side of things and are eager to learn new technologies.
- You are a multi-disciplinary designer comfortable switching between visual design and coding or you’re working hard towards becoming one.
- You are a perfectionist who cares about getting the little details right.
- You’re cool but not too cool to have a good time with people less cool than you.
What you’ll get to work on:
- UI design and implementation for a range of web and mobile applications.
- The whole enchilada: competitive design research, customer journey analysis, information architecture, wireframes, graphic design, mockups, prototyping, and front-end development.
- Development and application of consistent branding and product design standards.
Competitive salary, great benefits and balance:
- We treat our employees well. Health and dental insurance, vacation, professional development, great company culture, and more.
- Work life balance. We understand that you have a life outside work. In fact, we do too!
- Along with your resume please send us a link to an online portfolio or some examples of your exceptional work.
Web Application Integration Specialist
Responsible for implementing recurring batch and real-time integrations for event registration systems.
Examples include integrations with event housing (hotel reservation) systems, social media tools, and membership management systems such as iMIS and Personify. Work closely with Web Developers on implementing integrations into registration websites. Own integrations once they are rolled into production and maintain documentation and any operational enhancements or fixes.
Essential Department Functions:
- Work with clients to gather integration requirements and determine and/or recommend best methods for integrating systems.
- Document integration requirements and specifications.
- Set up and support a variety of integrations using various technologies.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for assigned integrations.
- Once integrations are live, work with 3rd parties if troubleshooting/support is require.
- Attend any required integration-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned integrations.
- For specified events travel to shows to provide onsite technical support.
- Provide custom configurations and support for our clients as required.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with relational databases, MS SQL Server.2000-2008, Transact-SQL, and SQL Stored Procedures.
- XML, JSON, knowledge of web services (SOAP and REST).
- Web scripting languages (VBScript/ASP, and/or PHP).
- MS Office with a focus on Excel and Access.
- ETL experience with SSIS or other tool is preferred.
This is a technical position that requires excellent organizational, analytical, customer service and attention to detail skills. Individual must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to handle stressful situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and within tight time constraints are required.
Education and Experience:
Two-year technical degree or equivalent industry experience is required.
The Information Services Web Developer serves as the primary technical point of contact for all client events they are assigned.
In addition to completing a major portion of the technical tasks for the event, the Web Developer serves as the technical team leader and assists in the priority management of technology.
- Build, test and deploy client event web registration sites.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for events and clients.
- Act as CDS liaison for technical issues.
- Import, revise and build databases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
Essential Show Team Functions:
- Attend all event-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned events.
- As needed, travel to shows in support of client events.
- Provide custom configurations and support as required.
Must have excellent organizational, analytical, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and analytical abilities required. Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels. Ability to handle stressful situations, multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial. Must be a team player and produce high quality ”readable“ code.
Technical Skills Required:
- Web development and legacy code maintenance
- Proficiency in other web scripting languages is a big benefit
- PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience using contemporary Web Development languages, frameworks and practices
- ASP.Net, C#, ASP MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server development
- Comfortable creating stored procedures
- Software testing methodologies; Source Control Systems (SVN, GIT or others)
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required. Web site team authoring, team programming experience is preferred.
Position summaries outline the general nature of the duties and requirements of each position. Convention Data Services (CDS) reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed. CDS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.