Have fun and be challenged at a dynamic company. Full-time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to, paid time off, medical/dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Part-time positions are eligible for paid time off, dental coverage, FSA and 401k. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Center Representative
Responsible for answering incoming event related telephone calls, emails and web-based chats for the Contact Center.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle.
The Product lifecycle includes gathering and prioritizing product and client (internal and external) requirements and working closely with marketing, sales, product development and support to ensure goals are met. This position is a hybrid software product/project manager role within the Product Development organization at CDS.
- Work with multiple teams (Sales, Marketing, Product, Support, and external industry sources) to create and maintain an overall product roadmap and strategy.
- With the help of Business Analysts, gather and prioritize product functionality and feature requests.
- Manage delivery of new high-quality software products on time and on budget.
- Form development teams and manage a pool of 5-10 development and Q/A resources on projects.
- Work with third-party onshore and offshore partners as needed.
- Maintain and enhance existing CDS product lines.
- Serve as Product Owner and/or Scrum Master working in multiple Agile Scrum teams to manage priorities and remove impediments to development.
- 7+ years in software industry.
- Prior experience as a software product manager or experience in software product marketing/sales.
- Software project management experience (product organization preferred over consulting or internal IT).
- Big-picture strategic thinking combined with ability to execute day-to-day.
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial.
- Event or related industry experience preferred but not required.
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required, with demonstrated success defining and launching products.
The Information Services Web Developer serves as the primary technical point of contact for all client events they are assigned.
In addition to completing a major portion of the technical tasks for the event, the Web Developer serves as the technical team leader and assists in the priority management of technology.
- Build, test and deploy client event web registration sites.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for events and clients.
- Act as CDS liaison for technical issues.
- Import, revise and build databases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
Essential Show Team Functions:
- Attend all event-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned events.
- As needed, travel to shows in support of client events.
- Provide custom configurations and support as required.
Must have excellent organizational, analytical, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and analytical abilities required. Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels. Ability to handle stressful situations, multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial. Must be a team player and produce high quality “readable” code.
Technical Skills Required:
- Web development and legacy code maintenance
- Proficiency in other web scripting languages is a big benefit
- PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience using contemporary Web Development languages, frameworks and practices
- ASP.Net, C#, ASP MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server development
- Comfortable creating stored procedures
- Software testing methodologies; Source Control Systems (SVN, GIT or others)
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required. Web site team authoring, team programming experience is preferred.
Position summaries outline the general nature of the duties and requirements of each position. Convention Data Services (CDS) reserves the right to change, modify or amend the duties and requirements of the position as needed. CDS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other class protected by Federal, State, or Local law.