Contract or Full-time
The Information Services Web Developer serves as the primary project management technical point of contact for all client events they are assigned.
In addition to completing a major portion of the technical tasks for the event, the Web Developer serves as the technical team project manager and assists in the priority management of technology.
- Build, test and deploy client event web registration sites.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for events and clients.
- Act as CDS liaison for technical issues.
- Import, revise and build databases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by department manager.
Essential Show Team Functions:
- Attend all event-specific and company meetings.
- Primary point of contact for onsite staff for assigned events.
- As needed, travel to shows in support of client events.
- Provide custom configurations and support as required.
Must have excellent organizational, analytical, customer service, written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail and analytical abilities required. Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, colleagues and all management levels. Ability to handle stressful situations, multiple tasks simultaneously and perform within tight time constraints is crucial. Must be a team player and produce high quality ”readable“ code.
Required Technical Skills:
- Web development and legacy code maintenance
- Proficiency in other web scripting languages is a big benefit
- PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl
- Experience using contemporary Web Development languages, frameworks and practices
- ASP.Net, C#, ASP MVC
- Microsoft SQL Server development
- Comfortable creating stored procedures
- Software testing methodologies; Source Control Systems (SVN, GIT or others)
Education and Experience:
Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience is required. Web site team authoring, team programming experience is preferred.