The Program Manager position oversees the event services group consisting of registration project managers and coordinators. Is responsible for the successful delivery of all programs and projects including operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation. Serves as the principal point of contact and liaison between technical and operational staff to resolve issues and resource priorities, while providing both day-to-day and strategic guidance to event services staff.
- Establish project management structure for registration managers to follow to proactively manage their events and maintain client satisfaction.
- Serve as escalation point to mediate conflicting resource priorities.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure efficient operation of event services department.
- Establish and implement short and long range goals and objectives for event services department.
- Supervise event services staff personnel, including work allocation, training, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution.
- Conduct performance evaluations, mentor and coach staff, working with staff to improve performance.
- Motivate staff by creating and maintain staff focus, enthusiasm and momentum.
- Meet with clients to understand requirements, resolve issues, provide feedback.
- Be a point of escalation for issues beyond scope of project manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years management experience, demonstrating a thorough understanding of project management techniques and methods.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills with ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve.
- Must be able to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulate policy, and develop and implement new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Must be able to foster a cooperative work environment and create a sense of community within the project teams.
BS/BA degree or equivalent in management or a relevant field (technical, business or financial discipline); MS/MA is a plus. At least 5 years of management level experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Ten years of experience in a high-technology company. PMP or equivalent certification preferred.