Download the PDF Tip Sheet
Your booth space is reserved, and you have a great location on the show floor with the potential for maximum exposure and foot traffic. Now all you need to do is create a lead management plan for driving traffic to your booth. By taking advantage of educational and marketing opportunities, you can ensure a successful event. Here are five steps to follow:
1. Set Lead Goals
- Determine the target number of booth visitors and define your objectives. Are you going for a large and varied number of leads or a targeted type of lead?
- Identify hot prospects and communicate an action plan to your booth staff on how to handle these visitors.
- Calculate your event ROI. Revisit calculations after the event to assist with planning your next exhibition goals.
- Challenge sales staff to a competition on capturing the most sales leads or qualifying the most attendees by answering sales qualifiers, survey questions, and entering notes.
2. Participate in Pre-Event Education
- Conduct lead retrieval training with equipment demos to ensure booth staff is ready to go when the show opens.
- Attend training on pre-event marketing opportunities to drive visitors to the booth such as attendee lists, exhibitor emails, VIP emails, sponsorships, badge inserts, and booth giveaways.
- Participate in advisory groups to discuss best practices, learn about new innovations, and share successful strategies.
3. Create Marketing Campaigns
- Send customized blasts to prospects and registered attendees. Prominently feature an invitation to visit your booth and include information on giveaways or events you are sponsoring.
- Invite top prospects and existing clients to the event with incentive offers from show management. Track the responses and acceptances from your VIP list.
- Seek speaking opportunities to not only educate the audience on new ideas or best practices but to also promote your company as an industry thought leader.
4. Maximize Lead Capture
- Create custom sales qualifiers to capture accurate profiles of attendees who visit your booth.
- Set up survey questions with preloaded answers to identify specific product interest, purchasing level, and post-show actions.
- Use the open notes field to log specific conversation highlights and other pertinent information for follow-up.
- Assign a sales person to contact each lead to discuss specific needs.
5. Advertise Using Social Media
- Send out a press release through an industry publication or local newspaper to announce your participation and include any new products being introduced at the event.
- Post photos and videos featuring new products being introduced at the event or executives and booth staff.
- Create excitement about your booth and product offerings with social media posts.
Driving traffic to your booth is critical. These five steps offer strategies to maximize your tradeshow efforts. Having strategies for before, during, and after the show ensures your success.